I went to MPH last Tuesday,after noticed that I've keep a title of a book that I wanted to buy in my hp. I don't remember the exact date that I write the note, but I remember that was the day that I saw the book in MPH but I don't have enough cents to buy (or probably I have some other important things to get for that month). Book title "It's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be" by Paul Arden,price RM39.90.It just the right time since I need to do or find something to refresh my mind.
The eagerness to get it makes me called MPH customer service and MPH Alamanda operator to reserved for the book. Finding that the bookstore staff keep it in the system and did not reserved it, I need to find by myself and making me comparing it with some other books. And here it is, I found another book at the same price and end up forgetting the Paul Arden book.
"Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often. Reflections to Empower Your Life Journey" by Apelles Poh.
I convinced enough to buy after seeing the National Best Seller tag on the top of the book. And yes,personal reason is to fulfilled the hunger of motivation besides the price itself. What I like to share here is the essays wrote by Dr. Bob Moorehead :
The Paradox Of Our Time :
The Paradox of our time in history is that what we have
taller buildings, but shorter tempers;
wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints.
We spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy it less.
We have bigger houses and smaller families;
more conveniences, but less time.
We have more degrees, but less sense;more knowledge,
but less judgement; more experts, but more problems;
more medicine, but less wellness.
We drink too much,smoke too much, spend too recklessly,
laugh too little, drive too fast, get angry too quickly, stay up too late,
get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much,
and pray too seldom.
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
We talked too much, love too seldom and hate too often.
We've learned how to make a living, but not a life;
We've added years to life, not life to years.
We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbour.
We've conquered outer space, but not inner space.
We've done larger things, but not better things.
We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.
We've split the atom, but not our prejudice.
We write more, but learn less.
We plan more, but accomplish less.
We've learned to rush, but not to wait.
We build more computers to hold more information to produce more copies than ever,
but have less communication.
We've become long on quantity, but short on quality.
These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion;
tall men, and short character, steep profits and shallow relationships.
These are the times of world peace, but domestic warfare;
more leisure, but less fun;
more kinds of food, but less nutrition.
These are days of two incomes, but more divorces;
of fancies houses, but broken homes.
These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers,
throwaway morality, one-night stands, overweight bodies,
and pills that do everything from cheer to quiet, to kill.
It is a time when there is so much in the showroom and little in our heart's room;
a time when technology can bring this letter to you,
and a time when you can choose either to share this insight,
or to just delete it.
I found it interesting as it is related to our priorities in life. And setting up priorities is not an easy thing especially to those who carried more responsibilities, for ownself, family,and community. Its all involved commitments and seriousness in life. How serious do you see yourself to make things happen as you plan.
I've always wanted the best in my life. And I know everyone wanted the same thing too.But yes,we will never get enough. Allah Maha Adil. He wont give you all, except to see you strive to get what you want, and also, tawakal. Thats where we need to utilise what we have.
InsyaAllah, as time goes by, I believe that all of us may be a better person one day if we know want we want in life,plan and work for it.
2 comments:
good writing! i'll try to learn from this posting. hope the same will happen to you too..insya Allah
thankx zaidi =)
Post a Comment